Renting a boat from Split is a great way to get to the island of Bisevo and the Blue Cave. Chartering removes the fixed schedule of a Tour and gives you the flexibility to see what you want, and when you want it. With a wide array of boats to rent, you can find the best type of boat to make the trip to the cave a personalized experience.
From Split by Sailboat
Sailing from Split to the Blue Cave might take a longer, but is worth it for the scenic route alone. You’ll enjoy breathtaking views and the soothing sounds of the sea. So kick back, let the wind guide you, and look forward to discovering the Blue Cave’s wonders at a relaxed pace. The benefits of sailing are that the slower travel lets you spend more time admiring islands like Brač and Hvar.
How long is a sailboat trip to Blue Cave from Split?
The distance between Blue Grotto and Split is 37.8 nautical miles (70 kilometers/43.50 miles). At an average speed of 7 knots, it would take approximately 5 hours to reach the cave from Split.
What’s the price for a sailboat rental from Split to Blue Cave?
The price of a rental sailboat can depend on the type of the boat (cabin number, length, etc.). An average price is around €250 a day, making it €1.750 for a week.
Sailboat models for rent:
There are many types of sailboats, 4 are commonly used for renting in Croatia:
- Sailboat – a boat propelled partly or entirely by sails
- Sailing yacht – a larger, more luxurious type of sailboat that often includes comfortable accommodations like bedrooms (cabins), bathrooms (heads), and a kitchen (galley)
- Catamaran – a boat with two parallel hulls of equal size, it’s more stable than a single-hulled boat, which makes it a popular choice for those prone to seasickness
- Gulet – a traditional wooden sailboat, often used for charter trips in the Mediterranean, often has both a motor and sails.
From Split by Motorboat
Traveling from Split to the Blue Cave by motorboat offers a swift and thrilling experience. Cut through the waves at high speed, reaching your destination quickly and efficiently. The perfect option for those who are short on time but still want to soak in the stunning beauty of the Adriatic Sea. Embrace the adrenaline rush and prepare for an exhilarating journey. The benefit is that the travel time is far shorter with a motorboat, giving you more time to spend on your destination.
How long is a motorboat trip to Blue Cave from Split?
The 37.8 nautical miles (70 kilometers/43.50 miles) between Split and Bisevo can take about 2 hours for a boat doing 20 knots. It can take longer if the cruising speed is less than that. Or if it’s a speed boat ride the trip can take as little as 1 hour and 30 minutes.
What’s the price for a motorboat rental from Split to Blue Cave?
Looking at motorboats of any type, the rental price average is €150 for a day, which is €1.050 for a week.
Motorboat models for rent:
- Motorboat – a boat known for its speed and power that is propelled by an engine, either inboard or outboard.
- RIB – a lightweight, high-performance and high-capacity boat constructed with a solid shaped hull and flexible tubes at the gunwale.
- Jet ski – a small jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of the water, and is ridden like a motorcycle.
- Houseboat – a boat designed or modified to be used primarily as a home, RV of the sea.
- Motor yacht – a large and luxurious pleasure vessel, motor yachts rely on engines for propulsion and are designed for comfort and long-distance sea travel.
Renting a boat to the Blue Cave
Chartering a boat, unlike a tour, lets you plan your own trip, you choose which places to visit and when. Renting low-powered motorboats without a license might be possible in some places, but it’s neither legal nor advisable. If you don’t have a license, it’s better to hire a boat with a skipper, which most rental companies offer.
Whether you’ve set your sights on a leisurely sailing trip or a swift motorboat ride, the path to the luminescent Blue Cave is yours to take. If you have more questions or are interested in Blue Cave tours we have both ready for you.