The idyllic island of Hvar offers many boat rentals, letting you have a unique and personal way to journey to the Blue Grotto. This option frees you from the constraints of scheduled tours, and allows you to tailor your trip according to your preferences. The island of Hvar offers a selection of different boats. Ensuring you find the perfect balance between pace and comfort for your adventure. Setting sail from Hvar promises an intimate experience with the Adriatic Sea, and the freedom to discover the Blue Cave’s mystical light on your terms.
From Hvar by Sailboat
Sailing from Hvar to the Blue Cave is a journey that’s as mesmerizing as the cave itself. While it may take a bit more time to reach the cave, the serenity of the sail and the beauty of the Dalmatian coast make every moment worthwhile. This relaxed voyage sets the perfect tone for the energy of the blue cave’s light. Let the breeze be your guide and prepare for an enchanting exploration at a leisurely pace. The benefits of taking a sailboat to Blue Cave are the relaxed trip and the gentle natural rhythm of sailing that lets you enjoy the trip.
How long is a sailboat trip to Blue Cave from Hvar?
The town of Hvar on the island of Hvar is 23 nautical miles (42.6 km/26.5 mi) away from the Blue Cave on Bisevo island. Sailing at about 7 knots means you will reach the cave in 3 hours and 15 minutes.
What’s the price for a sailboat rental from Hvar to Blue Cave?
The price for a sailboat on Hvar is around €250 to €300 per day. Which means it is €1.750 or €2.100 for a week.
Sailboat models for rent at Hvar:
- Sailboat – a boat propelled partly or entirely by sails
- Sailing yacht – a larger, more luxurious type of sailboat that often includes comfortable accommodations like bedrooms (cabins), bathrooms (heads), and a kitchen (galley)
- Catamaran – a boat with two parallel hulls of equal size, it’s more stable than a single-hulled boat, which makes it a popular choice for those prone to seasickness
- Gulet – a traditional wooden sailboat, often used for charter trips in the Mediterranean, often has both a motor and sails.
From Hvar by Motorboat
Embarking on a motorboat ride from Hvar to the Blue Cave is quick and easy. As it combines speed with scenic beauty. You can glide swiftly across the Adriatic Sea. And feel the wind, waves, and sun. This route is ideal for those wanting to maximize their time without missing out. This journey can also promise both adrenaline and awe. It’s perfect for thrill-seekers and those keen to experience the splendor of the sea. A motorboat adventure from Hvar is an unforgettable way to discover one of Croatia’s natural wonders. The benefits of taking a motorboat to the famous Blue Cave is that it is both efficient and exciting making it an ideal choice for those eager to maximize their time at the destination.
How long is a motorboat trip to Blue Cave from Hvar?
The 23 nautical miles (42.6 km/26.5 mi) trip from the town of Hvar can be as short as 1 hour going with a speed boat at around 20 knots.
What’s the price for a motorboat rental from Hvar to Blue Cave?
The average price for a motorboat on Hvar is €150 for a day, or €1.050 for a week.
Motorboat models for rent at Hvar:
- Motorboat – a boat known for its speed and power that is propelled by an engine, either inboard or outboard.
- RIB – a lightweight, high-performance and high-capacity boat constructed with a solid shaped hull and flexible tubes at the gunwale.
- Jet ski – a small jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of the water, and is ridden like a motorcycle.
- Houseboat – a boat designed or modified to be used primarily as a home, RV of the sea.
- Motor yacht – a large and luxurious pleasure vessel, motor yachts rely on engines for propulsion and are designed for comfort and long-distance sea travel.
Renting a Boat to Visit the Blue Cave
Renting a boat from Hvar gives you the freedom most tours can’t. You can choose your destinations and timing, making the journey personalized. You might be tempted to rent a motorboat without a license. However, it is important to remember that safety is something you don’t want to risk. Opting for a boat with a skilled skipper ensures a hassle-free and legal voyage.
From a relaxing sail to a quick motorboat trip. Your journey from Hvar to the Blue Cave can be as tranquil or as exhilarating as you want. With the azure allure of the cave beckoning, embark on a journey that promises an unforgettable experience. For more detailed questions or a range of Blue Cave tours see here. We’re here to make your Adriatic adventure a reality.