Embark on a nautical journey to the Blue Grotto from the coastal town of Podstrana, a hidden gem 30 minutes drive from Split. Famous for its serene beaches and crystal-clear waters, this town offers the perfect departure point for a maritime adventure. With its picturesque setting, convenient location, and variety of rental options, Podstrana is an ideal starting point to explore the mesmerizing beauty of the Adriatic Sea and its hidden treasures.
From Stobreč by Sailboat
Stobrec is a town 10 minutes walk from Podstrana. Most Sailboats start their trip from there. So take that into consideration if you plan on chartering a Sailboat for your trip. Other then that, this is a great starting point for a relaxed trip. Without the noise of a big city this starting point will let you stay in a calm state of mind. The benefits of taking a sailboat for a trip like this is the calmness factor, just relax in the sun until you get to the Blue Cave.
How long is a sailboat trip to Blue Cave from Podstrana?
The distance between Stobrec and Blue Cave is around 39.6 nautical miles (73 km/45 mi). A sailboat going 7 knots will reach the cave in around 5 hours and 30 minutes.
What’s the price for a sailboat rental from Podstrana to Blue Cave?
The daily price for a sailboat is €250, making it €1.750 for a week’s rent.
Sailboat models for rent in Podstrana
Four sailboats commonly used for renting in Croatia:
- Sailboat – a boat propelled partly or entirely by sails
- Sailing yacht – a larger, more luxurious type of sailboat that often includes comfortable accommodations like bedrooms (cabins), bathrooms (heads), and a kitchen (galley)
- Catamaran – a boat with two parallel hulls of equal size, it’s more stable than a single-hulled boat, which makes it a popular choice for those prone to seasickness
- Gulet – a traditional wooden sailboat, often used for charter trips in the Mediterranean, often has both a motor and sails.
From Podstrana by Motorboat
Quickly board a boat in Podstrana and start the journey immediately. No crowd and easy access will make sure nothing bothers you going on your trip. So if you are staying in Podstrana or close to it, you don’t need to go all the way to Split to get a rental. The benefits are mostly the time you will save taking a motorboat.
How long is a motorboat trip to Blue Cave from Podstrana?
Podstrana is 39 nautical miles (72 km/45 mi) from the Blue Cave, which will take 2 hours traveling 20 knots.
What’s the price for a motorboat rental from Podstrana to Blue Cave?
The price for the daily rent of a motorboat in Podstrana is €150, which is €1.050 for a whole week.
Motorboat models for rent in Podstrana
Motorboats commonly used for renting in Croatia:
- Motorboat – a boat known for its speed and power that is propelled by an engine, either inboard or outboard.
- RIB – a lightweight, high-performance and high-capacity boat constructed with a solid shaped hull and flexible tubes at the gunwale.
- Jet ski – a small jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of the water, and is ridden like a motorcycle.
- Houseboat – a boat designed or modified to be used primarily as a home, RV of the sea.
- Motor yacht – a large and luxurious pleasure vessel, motor yachts rely on engines for propulsion and are designed for comfort and long-distance sea travel.
Renting a Boat for the Blue Cave
As we conclude our journey exploring the option of renting a sailboat or motorboat from Stobreč and Podstrana, it’s obvious that this choice offers an amazing experience. Whether you choose the tranquility and natural rhythm of a sailboat or the exhilarating speed of a motorboat, your trip to the Blue Cave promises to be an adventure. The journey to the Blue Cave isn’t just about the destination, it is about the unforgettable memories you’ll create along the way.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to common questions or explore our Tours page to find the perfect boating to the Blue Cave. Set sail for an unforgettable journey and explore the wonders of the Croatian coast with us.